Re: [MiNT] VDI? (was Re: an urgent GEM question :-)

>>> I am not sure.  Can only give my perspective.  If fvdi won't drive the
>>> display on my Hades then it's a show stopper.  I think ozk managed to do
>>> that, maybe even for the Milan.  I forget just how far he got with it.
>>>

>> Sorry my English isn't very good:-), what do you mean here? that if
>> fVDI would drive your Hades display, it would be a very good VDI, and
>> ozk drove the Hades display with oVDI and may be also the Milan's?
>
> Yes.
>
> Fvdi would also have to at least meet the current feature set of the
> nova/nvdi software as well.  All the available biplanes and virtual modes
> supported, proper video mode generator (very important), etc.  If one has to
> lose some features, you can guess the out come. ;)

it's clear that "our" free VDI should meet what NVDI already has, but
which is the best starting point fVDI or oVDI? (problably merging both
like Lonny said previously). But well in case somebody feels like
doing it, it would be great that he has both in the Fremint repository
to make the things easier to the supposed developer, that was what
Petr was offering.

Also would be nice to avoid different persons to work in difference
VDIs (like happen with the AES), we are so few to waste resources, but
also it's clear that we are here for fun mainly and if somebody wants
to code a VDI or whatever from scratch because is his hobby is
understandable. Although i hope not to see fVDI, oVDI or another VDI
growing in parallel.

David