Re: [MiNT] Default Stack Size

Hi Vincent!

On Feb 19, 2009, at 11:24 AM, Vincent Rivière wrote:

Standa Opichal wrote:
Therefore the only viable solution is to build dynamically expanding stack capabilities into the kernel.

A dynamically expanding stack cannot be implemented without Virtual Memory.

Yes.

So as long as Virtual Memory is not available in the FreeMiNT kernel, the only solution is to use a fixed stack size for each process, which is inherently insane as you have demonstrated.

Exactly, and therefore I would urge Mikro to publish his work on NetBSD's UVM FreeMiNT source tree integration and let others finish it. The sooner the better. Otherwise we will end up fixing every single application just as the ucLinux guys do for non-MMU targets which is a lot of work we better avoid due to the number of active people.

Cheers!
STanda