Re: [MiNT] MiNTLib for ColdFire

Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

I see that Henk Robbers is a part of the ACP team, which I guess means that AHCC will be adapter to the ColdFire. So a lightweight C-compiler will most likely be available too.

The road ahead:

1 Compile and run EmuTOS. As a proof of concept.
2 Implement CF machine option in TT-Digger. I'll need that :-)
3 Implement 68020/CF compatibility target in AHCC.
4 Recompile and run EmuTOS.
5 Implement CF specific target in AHCC.
6 Rewrite in C the VDI_BLIT & VDI_TBLIT functions of EmuTOS.
7 Hopefully at this time the ACP board exists. :-)
8 Recompile and run EmuTOS.
9 Recompile AHCC and run it on the ACP board.

10 Be happy to have lived through all of this.

At the moment I am quite busy doing stage 1.

I regret the fact that ColdFire and M68K have too many differences.
Yet the basic programming model is the same. That is why the CF is the
best choice for people who like real hardware. (like me).

The modifications needed in a compiler are tedious, but straight
forward and uncomplicated.

I expect the ACP board to be 10 times faster then my 25MHz Milan 040.
EmuTos compiles in 160 seconds now. So that would become 16 seconds.
At larger speeds AHCC would become console typewriter limited. ;-)

--
Groeten; Regards.
Henk Robbers. http://members.chello.nl/h.robbers