Re: [MiNT] EmuTOS for ColdFire

Peter Persson píše v So 02. 05. 2009 v 21:20 +0200:
> 2 maj 2009 kl. 20.40 skrev Petr Stehlik:
>
> > And that would mean crippled binaries for old Atari users. 8/16/32 MHz
> > just got even slower.
>
> I was under the impression that this thread was about running apps and
> OS on the ColdFire.

maybe you didn't read the thread properly - see the message I was
replying to.

> It's definitely possible to make binaries which
> run fairly well on 68k as well as ColdFire, and in case there is a
> point in doing so - noone prevents coders from creating separate
> binaries.

If you roll back to first message I posted to this thread you'll notice
I was afraid of possible split of remaining small user base if software
authors would offer binaries optimized for CF claiming that they would
run on m68k as well, though slower. Such process sends a clear message
to the m68k users - upgrade to CF/ACP or be even slower than you were..
It's hard to explain as it's kinda social thing. Let's see what the
future will bring.

Petr