Re: [MiNT] Current FreeMiNT kernel version

ark Duckworth a écrit :
Vincent Rivière wrote:
Alan Hourihane wrote:
I certainly have no problem committing your patches Vincent.

Thank you very much, Alan.

> In fact,
given that coldfire support is already in FreeMiNT

???
I never looked at the FreeMiNT source, that's an excellent news for me !
That ColdFire support may have been introduced for earlier work of Didier Méquignon on the ColdFire evaluation board ?

Probably introduced earlier when Norman Feske was testing DopE and freemint on his coldfire evaluation board in the beginning of the original ACP project.
Absolutly not. Norman never realease anything on Freemint.

I have realease myself this. Specific hardware patch to run on coldfire hardware was done by Didier to be able to run in 68K version of GCC 2.95 and I have done other specific patch to Mint be able to run with GCC 4 (It take 2 month to compil GCC before do anything, this was before Vincent do this work, and two month to be able to compil Mint correctly with GCC 4) in native coldfire and some specific coldfire patch because theire was scratch (as stack supervisor problems really not easy to find). Then Odd have finish to do patchs for Mint work better with GCC 4. I have only compil Mint kernel but not XaAES, I have compil MyAES for coldfire, screen.ldg, Tiny_gl.ldg and fpu.ldg, gemlib to do real speed test with Kronos (so bench with Kronos using FPU are in native mode as for opengl bench but not the other).

http://gem.lutece.net/boot.avi
First video I have made, it run Mint coldfire, MyAES, Direct desktop and Kronos, this was one of firts time I'm able to run Mint this was still very unstable, after I have work a lot on Mint and Didier have do the same, at the end of my experiments I was able to run near 20 softwares, unfortunatly this was not easy to test because I need to describe on texte file each file to download on ram disk with tftp and I never be able to try a keyboard on evaluation board.

Thanks a lot to Didier that have done an exceptional work and you can find informations in his dedicated page: http://pagesperso-orange.fr/didierm/ct60/ctpci.htm with Kronos Bench inside. Notice that memory access look very slow on the evaluation board (really slower than under CT60). Since I know it have run Freertos on coldfire evaluation board to run TOS as a single process! I never test this. look in video speed tests, this quite incredible result with the ATI Radeon 7000 on PCI, far better than any other tests I have made even with Aranym.

Olivier Landemarre