Re: [MiNT] Current FreeMiNT kernel version

Peter Slegg wrote:
On Thu, 07 May 2009 21:52:09 , OL <o.l@lutece.net> wrote:

I have realease myself this. Specific hardware patch to run on coldfire
hardware was done by Didier to be able to run in 68K version of GCC 2.95
and I have done other specific patch to Mint be able to run with GCC 4
(It take 2 month to compil GCC before do anything, this was before
Vincent do this work, and two month to be able to compil Mint correctly
with GCC 4) in native coldfire and some specific coldfire patch because
theire was scratch (as stack supervisor problems really not easy to
find). Then Odd have finish to do patchs for Mint work better with GCC
4. I have only compil Mint kernel but not XaAES, I have compil MyAES for
coldfire, screen.ldg, Tiny_gl.ldg and fpu.ldg, gemlib to do real speed
test with Kronos (so bench with Kronos using FPU are in native mode as
for opengl bench but not the other).

http://gem.lutece.net/boot.avi
First video I have made, it run Mint coldfire, MyAES, Direct desktop and
Kronos, this was one of firts time I'm able to run Mint this was still
very unstable, after I have work a lot on Mint and Didier have do the
same, at the end of my experiments I was able to run near 20 softwares,
unfortunatly this was not easy to test because I need to describe on
texte file each file to download on ram disk with tftp and I never be
able to try a keyboard on evaluation board.

Olivier Landemarre

Does that mean that Mint, MyAES, LDG, Kronos, GCC4 and some other stuff
have all ready been compiled for Coldfire ?

That's impressive.

Peter

Sort of. MiNT is running on TOS 4.04 which is running under CF68KLib. I would think TOS running on coldfire is a MUCH more impressive achievement then mint. Also, because of CF68Klib, a lot of work hasn't necessarily been done yet that needs to be done, but at the same time it gives us a nice interrim if not slower step. But I'll agree... It's pretty damn impressive!

Here's the youtube video of me booting up TOS on my board:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGxyXecd4ms

Thanks,
Mark