[MiNT] XaAES colour icon preference in >=16bpp?

Hi,

First of all - sorry if this is off topic. XaAES is now part of the freemint CVS, which is also the reason why I post this question here.

I'm in the process of converting the Tango icon set to RSC, with the intention of somehow contributing to a common look and feel for the platform.

Have I missed something fundamental, or does XaAES prefer 4-bit icons over 8-bit ones when running in hi/true colour? I've noticed this in Thing and Taskbar. Wouldn't it be better if it used the 8-bit ones?

best regards

-- PeP