Re: [MiNT] XaAES

On 23. juli 2009, at 18.32, Lonny Pursell <atari@bright.net> wrote:

on 7/23/09 6:46 AM, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

I don't know anything about this stuff, but MiNT should behave exactly
as TOS, especially for programs that are not MiNT aware.
This looks like a bug in MiNT...

If someone could explain the intention of this, there could possibly be a workaround in XaAES. Until then you can just disable this feature in MiNT by #defining MM_INSERT 0 in keyboard.c, as I wrote before. On my MiNT the
Bconin-returns are ok now.

It is me who basically wrote the keyboard.c module, but it was so long ago that I don't remember such details. I mainly used the Atari Compendium as a reference, and own experiments to verify, if the reference is correct.
It is possible that it is written there and I missed failed to verify
that.

Anyways, if you're sure that it will improve the compatibility of the
keyboard behaviour so that it will behave more like TOS, fix that. It is the intention of the module to emulate the TOS behaviour as closely as
possible.

Speaking of keyboard.c

This section:

# if 0
   /* bit 2 of conterm variable decides, whether we
    * put the shift status to the buffer or not.
    */
   if ((*(uchar *)0x0484L & 0x04) == 0)
       c0 = 0;
# endif

Shouldn't this be bit 3 ??

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/

Nope, count from 0 :)

Also, #if 0 <code> #endif is, the c preproccessor equivalent of remming out a bunch of lines...

-Kåre