Re: [MiNT] GDB ?? Vincent ??

Alan Hourihane wrote:
Hi Vincent,

Just a ping on how GDB support is coming ?

I guess it'll be real nice to have this with Coldfire support too ?

Hello, Alan.

I don't forget GDB, but my current preoccupation is about ColdFire stuff (and above all I'm on holidays far from my computer and tools :-) ).

You are totally right, I was thinking that the ColdFire would be the occasion to work on the latest GDB and to add ColdFire support in it. But (un)fortunately, every software I compiled for ColdFire with the MiNTLib worked like a charm, with no need of debugger 8-)

I still plan to work on it some day.

By the way, GDB (even old versions) can be compiled with the "TUI (Text UI)" feature. It is a nice full-screen interface using ncurses (something like vi). But unfortunately, it does not work very well in TosWin. There is a new version of ncurses, too. Since there has been recent discussions about TosWin and console output, it could be the occasion to continue to fix it, and to check that the latest ncurses library works well. Then we could use the TUI in GDB (even old versions), it would be a good benefit.

--
Vincent Rivière