Re: [MiNT] TosWin console

Peter Slegg wrote:
bash-2.05a# stty onlcr > /dev/console
stty: standard input: unable to perform all requested operations

TosWin 2.2 does the same too so I think we can rule that out.

Sorry I didn't understood the problem was with /dev/console.

The following command seems to fix the problems:
stty -F /dev/console cooked
It will display the same error message, but don't trust it, stty has actually made his job.

For information, when "raw" is used instead of "cooked", it reverts to the "stairs" behaviour (and no error message is displayed).

I'm not sure where the output of /dev/console should go, I remember having seen different results in different MiNT setups...

The previous command worked for me, but I currently have a special version of FreeMiNT and stty, so I'm not sure it works everywhere.

I looked at the source of stty, it uses <termios.h> and functions like tcsetattr() and friends... I'm absolutely not familiar with that stuff, but it appears there is a level of translation in the kernel at the tty level (of course these conversions does not occur in plain TOS).

I believe the code related to that stuff is mostly correct (excepted the stty error message), but the defaults are probably wrong for the MiNT console since we experience stairs by default.

--
Vincent Rivière