Re: [MiNT] What's the deal with time.h? (and wctype.h)

Hello Helmut,

Monday, September 28, 2009, 2:44:34 AM, you wrote:

> Am 27.09.2009, 23:21 Uhr, schrieb ggn (HOL) <ggn@hol.gr>:

>>   So  I downloaded the source package, copied the Atari specific
>> Makefile to the
>>   root dir and hit make.

> You should use the unix-makefile. I successfully built zip 3.0 and unzip
> 5.52 some time ago with little changes. I can't remember if I ran
> configure.

Well  the  unix  makefile  did  work ok for unzip. But to compile zip wchar.h is
required  for  unicode support. So I downloaded and built mintlib 0.58.0. When I
tried compiling, gcc complained about the lack of header file wctype.h, in which
a function called twupper() is defined (I guess!).

So  for  now I left out unicode support, and it builds fine. Which leads me to a
few questions:

a) Anyone interested in the binaries as is?
b)  Should  I  try  to  create  RPMs or are they not necessary? (note: I have no
previous experience in creating them :))
c)  Is  there  any  work  being  done  on  mintlib to support new functions like
twupper()?

--
Best regards,
 ggn                            mailto:ggn@hol.gr