Re: [MiNT] What's the deal with time.h? (and wctype.h)

ggn (HOL) wrote:
Hello Helmut,

Monday, September 28, 2009, 2:44:34 AM, you wrote:

Am 27.09.2009, 23:21 Uhr, schrieb ggn (HOL) <ggn@hol.gr>:

So I downloaded the source package, copied the Atari specific Makefile to the
  root dir and hit make.

You should use the unix-makefile. I successfully built zip 3.0 and unzip
5.52 some time ago with little changes. I can't remember if I ran
configure.

Well  the  unix  makefile  did  work ok for unzip. But to compile zip wchar.h is
required  for  unicode support. So I downloaded and built mintlib 0.58.0. When I
tried compiling, gcc complained about the lack of header file wctype.h, in which
a function called twupper() is defined (I guess!).

So  for  now I left out unicode support, and it builds fine. Which leads me to a
few questions:

a) Anyone interested in the binaries as is?
b)  Should  I  try  to  create  RPMs or are they not necessary? (note: I have no
previous experience in creating them :))
c)  Is  there  any  work  being  done  on  mintlib to support new functions like
twupper()?

You should create RPM's. If you can't or don't want to, please upload the modified source code and the original source code archives somewhere and I can take care of it for you.

PS: I've been starting to rip hard into my new sparemint project again. Maybe I'll be able to stick with it this time until it's a properly working product.

Thanks,
Mark