Re: [MiNT] problems renaming on TOS fs

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 10:52 PM, Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:

> How does the problem manifest itself? Can you use Teradesk's info-dialog as
> usual, but the file is not actually renamed? I'm using the latest version of
> Teradesk, MiNT and XaAES so I can try to reproduce this error. I've never
> seen it though, and I mostly work on FAT-partitions.
>
> Jo Even

OK, I think I have two specific issue, but the renaming one is constant.

When renaming a folder the info dialog throws an alert
Can not read or set info for
_NEW_NAME_:
file not found

I just did some tests, think the problem might be associated with the
parent folder name, which started with a 0 (zero). That was not the
problem. The only consistent part to the problem, is that it is a 3rd
level folder:
C:\DIR\BOB\WALL

You can delete WALL and create new folder in BOB and WALL, but you
cannot rename WALL or any folders further down the tree.

The other issue was a rights one from the reading directory (from a
hostos drive), I will have to test that again, as the folder and files
came from a zip, so it is possible that the "unzip" program is setting
wrong (or no) user & group (on linux), I will get back to you one
that..

In the meantime, you should be able to recreate the rename problem.
The TOS partition is the boot drive (of 1 partition). NOTE that
console "mv" works fine

Paul