Re: [MiNT] XaAES: detect pixel-format-problem

Am 01.12.2009, 08:39 Uhr, schrieb Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>:

I don't think the MiNTlib is used by the kernel/XaAES.

Right. Only mintlib.h is used at places. Also libgem16 and libkern are
used. The latter is different in both versions, libgem is the same. But
I would really be surprised if libkern or the kernel itself would
manipulate
any screen-color related things.

interfere with the return-values of VDI-calls. The only possibility I see is
that the
VDI-bindings used by XaAES are broken, or that the pixel detection code in
XaAES has been changed.

That was my first approach, but it appears to be the same in 1.16.3 and
1.17.

And if anything like vro_cpyfm would be broken, we would see more of it
than false pixel-format-detection, wouldn't we?

I was thinking of a relation to that redraw-error, but this appears
only in 8 bit, while the format-error appears at any depth. And the
redraw-error is also present in 1.16.3. This one is surely an fvdi-bug.

Could it be that the 1.17 you're testing is built with a broken
AES/VDI-library?

I can assure you that I have only one libgem16 on my disk - I scanned
the whole /usr/m68k...-path. And I only use one compiler.

> I think some of Ozk code may be from a time when underlying issue had
> already arisen (in 1.17), but where not known, however, diff'ing XaAES
> between 1.17 and 1.16.3 shows that XaAES has not changed in the area's
> of rez setting and pixel format detection, just that a lot of work was

When something that's wrong works in certain circumstances, that does not
prove wrong to be right.

-Helmut