Re: [MiNT] how to build native gcc for coldfire/68020

2010/1/3 Miro Kropacek <miro.kropacek@gmail.com>:

>> The GCC makefiles are rather complicated, I hope there is a good variable
>> to change somewhere to do what you want.
>
> That's the reason why I've asked, if by some chance you don't know the
> solution for this :)
>

>> Another commonly used trick is to use the CC variable.
>> configure --host=m68k-atari-mint CC="m68k-atari-mint-gcc -mcpu=5475"
>>
>> I don't know if this could work when building GCC. Probably yes.
>
> True but it will have the same effect -- mcpu=5475 will clash with any other
> -m option in later stages..
>

> --
> MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
> http://mikro.atari.org

It sounds like the alternative is a two step process, generate the
5475 compatible binary first, then generate the 68020-60 libs using
that, yes?

what about one step back and create, m5475-v4e-mint-gcc first, instead
of using m68k-atari-mint-gcc, would that not solve the problem?

This presumes you do not have a v4e to run the final code on..

Paul