Re: [MiNT] HRD's & RSC's

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 6:26 AM, Helmut Karlowski
<helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:
> Am 11.01.2010, 20:17 Uhr, schrieb Paul Wratt <paul.wratt@gmail.com>:
>
>> you would have to have a make specifically for any binary output, and
>> hence the source, would be an unreadable bunch of hex values
>
> The DR-RSC is able to produce C-output, so no rsc-file is needed, but I'm
> pretty sure it cannot read C and convert it into an rsc-file. That kind of
> tool would be needed. But cvs is able to handle binary files, there went
> something wrong.

agreed

as long as people remember that any even if the resource can be output
as c code, that will need a specific make line to recreate, and that
the resource itself needs to be easy maintained and adjustable, which
is inherantly not the case when converting resource files to a source
code format (C or ASM)

Paul