Re: [MiNT] Re : __Unwind_Resume

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 4:56 PM, Zorro <zorro270@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> De : Paul Wratt <paul.wratt@gmail.com>
>

>> 2 senarios:
>> 1) 1000 images (making thumbnails)
>> 2) same
> or 1/10th, but convert images
>>
>> with 1) zView will have
> problems at some point an eventually crash.
>> Even if it does not
> crash, you will see missing memory chuck after
>> exit
>>
>> with 2) you will see memory not being released after each image
>> convert, and somewhere in the region of 4-5Mb used for even 4-500 byte
>> images
>>
>> also with 2) after you run out of memory and
> the program ends (even if
>> you quit before you reach the max
> limit) you will see a chunk of
>> memory disappear
>>
>> These are senarios are ones I used when creating images for use with
>> zView and Teradesk
>
> The zView code itself should be good( oh
> well, I think) as some years ago, I compiled it natively on Linux(
> without the GEM part of course) and Valgrind to find the potential
> memory leaks.
>
> If there are problems, il should come from the
> external libraries( LDG, WIndom, etc..), codecs or from the GEM code( I
> don't think).

it is an outside possibility that zView can allow for an observable
problem currently experienced with memory allocation. At one point
before I figure out how to manage it (there are a couple of ways to
use zView that help limit its impact on memory) I could loose 64Megs
of fast ram on ARAnyM after only 3 starts of zView

It may however be related to the windom/ldg image handling, in which
case it6 should probably be fixed quick quick, which is a good thing..

>> http://paulwratt.110mb.com/afros/skins/zview/
>
> I didn't know your web page. It's nice :)

I have never given out the zView link until now, except in some
comments related to doing an update of AFROS, now seemed like a good
time..

>> Thanks for
>> the effort in both z apps, big thanks to zorro for creating
>> them in the first place, very inspirational..
>
> Thanks ;-)
>
> --
> Zorro

Gave me (and others) some thoroughly hot ideas for a third party file
browser plug for Teradesk/Desktops, which lead to the resurrection of
an updated Icon Server protocol.

Yes, rather inspirational :)

Paul