Re: [MiNT] libgem16: vs_color

Hi,

On Tuesday 19 January 2010, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
>> This can help in finding out & checking whether code does buggy or
>> useful unaligned accesses.
>
> Would be nice to have this on atari.
>
> It will not be easy to find the place where the stack became odd, I'm
> afraid.

Use the _same_ toolchain as you use now, but build the code for 68000.
Then run the code on 68000 machine or emulator for such and the program
will crash when it does odd address access.  Check with debugger where that
happened.

(Assumes the issue is reproducible on 68000 build.)

> Unless someone fixed something yet unknown.
>
> > [1] Upstream Linux kernel has had bugs in this though for several ARM
> > CPU versions, resulting usually in the buggy code using 100% CPU and
> > draining the battery.
>
> The battery? How's that? I hope it didn't blow the fuse!

There are nowadays several Linux based mobile devices.  Programs that wake
up frequently will decrease the use-time (without charging the battery
in-betwee) from days to less than a day, something that uses constantly
100%, reduces it to hours.

	- Eero