Re: [MiNT] gcc 68000 vs 68020-60 vs 68060 comparison

Miro Kropacek a écrit :
But we are talking about native builds then, right? And since your step by step tutorial and my Makefile are for cross compiler only... it shouldn't be needed. Maybe for some stuff while building cross compiler? What would be really strange, native build using cross compiler needs no libm but cross compiler building on i686 does ;-)

This look strange... did you recompile the C++ compiler ?
I think the problem was only with the C++ libraries.
I will try to remember (with my full email history).

That's interesting. What is needed for 32-bit compiler with 32-bit aligns but respecting original TOS structures? Some changes to mint/osbind.h and friends?

There are several things to do to enable 32-bit aligment:
- The C compler must be configured to keep the stack and the structure members aligned (in the internal GCC config file. Easy.).
- The OS Malloc() must return an aligned pointer (seems good already).
- The C malloc() must return an aligned pointer.
- The current binutils are ready to respect alignment on global variables.

Then the public OS structures must be protected with the right pragma pack alignments. I made some tests recently, and unfortunately I didn't manage to get what I wanted... but we should make tests with a compiler already configured for 32-bit alignment.

--
Vincent Rivière