Re: [MiNT] gcc 68000 vs 68020-60 vs 68060 comparison

I remember you already said that, then I removed it, and finally I added it again because it was required by something... I don't remember. Probably libstdc++.a, because it requires math.h, and certainly some liker tests.
But we are talking about native builds then, right? And since your step by step tutorial and my Makefile are for cross compiler only... it shouldn't be needed. Maybe for some stuff while building cross compiler? What would be really strange, native build using cross compiler needs no libm but cross compiler building on i686 does ;-)

However, the C language is quite simple, a single C program usually compile quite fast. C++ files are better candidates for benchmarking, because some of them with a lot of templates take some time to compile, even on extremely fast computers.
Hmm, good point. I'll try some C++ projects then.

I made a quick hack in EmuTOS for ColdFire to align the RAM returned by Malloc() on a 32-bit boundary, the performance was significantly better.
That's interesting. What is needed for 32-bit compiler with 32-bit aligns but respecting original TOS structures? Some changes to mint/osbind.h and friends?

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org