Re: [MiNT] Daily freemint kernel builds

On 1/15/10 12:36 PM, p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk wrote:
---- Original Message ----
From: Mark Duckworth<mduckworth@atari-source.org>
To: mint@lists.fishpool.fi
Sent: Fri, Jan 15, 2010, 4:48 PM
Subject: Re: [MiNT] Daily freemint kernel builds

Using an FPU accuracy checker may
yield a test failure but none of these packages are built to use fpu.  I
have code for one somewhere, which is how I figured out the FPU in my
one 060 was complete trash.  I wonder if there is a way to stress test
all normal integer functions.

Thanks,
Mark
Do you have an fpu checker binary ? I would quite like to test
mine in the Milan.

Peter

It's all in here: http://aoi.atari-source.org/~mduckworth/fputest.tar.gz

I believe the FPUTEST.TOS is a stress/accuracy tester but there is source code to 2 other types of tests. They should build with gcc with minimal effort. You would want to use -lm compiler options to test the software float or to test a real fpu you would use -m68020-60 -m68881. What would be super sweet is if someone modified the math lib to detect fpu presence and use it automatically.

Thanks,
Mark