Re: [MiNT] patch:XaAES:Makefile

Helmut Karlowski wrote:
By /bin/sh it doesn't have to search the path ...

You are right, it is another good reason to use $(SHELL).

+xversion.h: .
+ $(SHELL) xversion.sh

so it's only called when something has changed, but the gain is rather
small. I just want the diffs to dissappear.

BTW: I'm looking for a way to call this every time make is called
without changing something in the upper dirs. If make all is entered, my
method doesn't work. How?

I don't know your code, so this answer may not be relevant.

Your file xversion.h depends on ".", it is quite unusual.

I propose you to try the following:

.PHONY: xversion.h
xversion.h:
	$(SHELL) xversion.sh

And the doc:
http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/html_node/Phony-Targets.html

The PHONY targets are rebuilt everytime they are required, even if the target is an up-to-date filename.

However, I'm not sure it is good to have a .h rebuilt everytime... it may rebuild a lot of other files.

You will have to try by yourself to see what is good or not.

--
Vincent Rivière