Re: [MiNT] opendir() regression

Alan Hourihane wrote:
This isn't really a regression, but a feature :-)

Sorry, but it is really difficult to accept that.

I have the same (old) kernel, the same coreutils sources, and a similar compiler. Only the MiNTLib has changed. In the very specific case I have described, the old pwd works, but the new one fails. If this is not a regression in the MiNTLib, I don't know what I could call a regression.

Basically your new binaries are taking advantage of a new kernel
feature. opendir doesn't exist on older kernels and therefore your 'pwd'
binary fails. Older compiled versions of 'pwd' doesn't use opendir.

You may have missed some information in my report.
The new pwd works fine in most cases, except when it is run from the root of an hostfs drive.

I guess I can add a check that if the new mintlib functions run on older
kernels they print out a more severe warning and fail, but it will still
fail.

If the new method fails in the case of a hostfs root, the old one should be used transparently.

--
Vincent Rivière