Re: [MiNT] LDG vs. SLB vs. custom OVL-thingies

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 4:47 AM, Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no> wrote:
> [...]
even with MMU and VMM, there is still a requirement to collect and
defragment free memory (also known as garbage collection)

The idea of a server is fine, but it can not be the only solution, at
the moment anyway, that may change after everyones hardware is dead..
in the meantime you should suggest an suitable solution, created and
used in such a way as to allow a server to replace it later, should it
be better suited for a particular setup

Thanks for the tos.hyp info, yes there are lots of links dead, but it
appears all the info is still there, so I will get a a chance to read
it at some point no doubt, but it will mean colabrating with Gerhard
to get the changes made, and reading the TOShyp at the same time might
get a bit laborious..

.. but it has to be done.

Paul