Re: [MiNT] Daily freemint kernel builds

On 2/1/10 4:45 PM, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
Mark Duckworth wrote:

I disagree.  There is surely a problem with eiffel that exposed this.
Either I replaced my keyboard or you sent me a new firmware alan that
fixed the issue, but that only fixed the eiffel putting out corrupted
data.  The fact remains that under TOS,MagiC or any other system, after
corrupted IKBD causes key repeats, you can just press any key to stop
this behavior.  Under current freemint the system is done and you have
to reboot.  That's a mint bug for sure.
Can this problem be reproduced with a real keyboard? I have never seen
it on my Falcon (well, atleast not since 1.15-something when Frank fixed
a problem related to the Afterburner) which has a TT-keyboard.
IMHO this is irrelevant. But yes, I have reproduced it using a flaky keyboard IIRC. Even so, you can easily produce the issue with an eiffel and you should be able to unplug it and replug it in under ALL conditions and the keyboard should work again right? Is this not sane?

Thanks,
Mark