Re: [MiNT] gcc

Le 02/02/2010 22:53, Helmut Karlowski a écrit :
That's nice. I compiled the current kernel with gcc 2.95 and got
compiler-errors on some statements that where new to me.

For example:

{
union{ char *s, long l] u; u.s = x;
long z;

}

That's not C as I know it. I thought gcc 2.95 is C99.

There are 2 typos in your quote.

This is an unnamed union, it is a Microsoft extension supported by GCC.
This kind of extension should not be used in serious software.
We should compile with -ansi -pedantic to forbid these extensions.

Except inline assembly and __attribute__ that should be put inside ifdefs, a C code which compiles well with GCC and the options specified above should compile on any other compiler.

--
Vincent Rivière