Re: [MiNT] 'cd' does not like u:

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Helmut Karlowski
<helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:
> Am 10.03.2010, 22:19 Uhr, schrieb Miro Kropacek <miro.kropacek@gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've noticed following -- cd $SYSDIR doesn't work. After some experiments
>> it's clear the problem is format of this SYSDIR, i.e. "u:/c/mint...",
>> better
>> said, 'u:' itself. "cd c:" works, "cd d:" works but "cd u:" does not.
>>
>> 1. Should be 'cd' fixed?
>>
>> 2. If it isn't bug, shouldn't SYSDIR have some value which is usable also
>> with 'cd' ?
>
> I think that depends on who is reading $SYSDIR. xaloader for example uses
> Fopen() which understands u:/. It must be mintlib that makes from u:/
> $PWD/u:/. So it's best to change $SYSDIR to a unix-style path (e.g.
> /c/mint/...), xaloader still works, at least when called with /c/mint...
>
> --
> Helmut Karlowski

any nix style root (/some/dir) should resolve to U:

I do remember some things change in the past few months related to
files and dir's, there was a problem with running a command on U:,
because it tried to ../ first..

I these may or may not be related

if $SYSDIR in to function for the shell (bash, sh, etc) t should
contain /c/mint.., but how does this affect current TOS apps, is
$SYSDIR used in its current form.

Should the change rather be anything TOS/GEM getting a root (nix) dir
auto resolve to U:/

Paul