Re: [MiNT] GCC upstream ??

Miro Kropacek wrote:
Just out of interest, what problems you're facing here? I assumed your
GCC patches are clean and nice, i.e. same as with binutils.

The GCC patch is small and clean.
There is one big part, it is some configure code generated by autoconf, because I have enabled the autodetection of the libc/libm features, rather than hardcoding them like in most other targets. I will ask the GCC people if it was the right thing to do.

I just want to say I always had extremely nice help and support from the binutils team, especially from Nick Clifton.

On the other side, GCC is a much bigger project. It is difficult to get help on what is called "non primary or secondary targets". And anything different from ELF seems to have poor consideration.
Anyway, I don't want to be pessimistic, we will see.

--
Vincent Rivière