Re: [MiNT] INI : File not found - The return!

On Sun, 02 May 2010 22:00:24 , "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:
> Am 02.05.2010, 20:18 Uhr, schrieb Jean-Luc CECCOLI
> <Jean-Luc.Ceccoli@wanadoo.fr>:
>
> > When I upgrade to future releases, I'll carefully look at this!
> > And, BTW, why not write somewhere on the pages something like :
> > "If, after upgrading to a newer version, deleting the older one
> >  is not possible and gives a TOS -36 error, etc."
>
> Why not put xaloader somewhere in $PATH or the directory where init runs?
>
> Also $SYSDIR/xaaes/xaloader.prg would be better.
>
> It's not very polite by init not to tell what file it did not find.

I have this in my mint.cnf

ren u:\usr\bin\aes      u:\usr\bin\xxxx
sln c:\mint\1-17-cur\xaaes\xaloader.prg  u:\usr\bin\aes

the ren does not do anything though so to change anything
I have to delete the sym link before rebooting. Is there anyway
to make mint.cnf delete or rename the link ?

Each verion of mint has it's own sln pointing to the required
xaloader. In /etc/ttytab it has

console "/usr/bin/aes"  tw52    on secure

I never need to edit this. Even to switch to NAES which is
set-up the same. This is useful if I have to reboot in TOS
which cannot access the u: drive.

Peter