[MiNT] mktemp from easymint

Hi,

Just wondering if other peoples mktemp behaves oddly.

eg;

export my_tmp=`mktemp /tmp/sedtestXXX`; echo $my_tmp;

works on my mac:
/tmp/sedtestClQ

but any attempt to use mktemp, running Aranym/mint 1-17-1 (with easymint 1-16-1 installation) returns:

cannot create temp file  tmp/sedtestXXX

... also its possibly worth trying:
mktemp "X\/tmp/sedtestXXX"
.. In either case, the first character is being squashed.

I wonder if there is an env variable I need to set or perhaps everyone gets this problem and doesn't worry about it.

Any pointers to compiling a fresh mktemp appreciated.

As a separate question.. is the mint 1-17-1 generally stable with easymint? or should I move what easymint installed (1-16) to the boot section for aranym..

thank for any help.

Matt.

Get a new e-mail account with Hotmail - Free. Sign-up now.