Re: [MiNT] SpareMiNT MiNTLib / MiNTBin Conflicts and Outdated PML / Fdlibm

On Tue, 2010-06-01 at 12:56 -0400, Keith Scroggins wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> So, I have been working on building 0.59.1 RPMs for SpareMiNT.  I actually
> have an RPM set built....
>
> So far, have run into 2 issues.
>
> The first is that both the mintbin package, and the newer mintlib have
> ar.h.  My resolution is just rebuild and remove from mintbin, and then fix
> the spec for mintlib to want the newer revision.

Yes, mintbin has had this removed.

> The other issue is that math.h is now removed.  Both PML and Fdlibm, as
> packaged in SpareMiNT, do not contain their own math.h.  My solution for
> this is to just rebuild the packages, PML with Vicent's patches adding
> Coldfire support, and take a look at the Fdlibm in CVS.  Alan, have
> you done more Fdlibm work?  I saw that at least a math.h is present in
> CVS.

Right. We'd need to do a release of fdlibm which has math.h.
Alternatively we merge a math library into mintlib. Patrice mentioned
one in an earlier thread.

> This is an issue because on install of mintlib-devel, rpm will delete the
> math.h file as it was the previous package owner of it, and it is now not
> present.
>
> Otherwise, the only changes made to MiNTLib (and I'll submit a patch) is
> enabling Coldfire libraries, upping the version, and rpm changelog.  I'm
> thinking about fixing the spec to require the newer mintbin as well, but
> not sure yet.
>
> Any thoughts?

Send patches and we can all discuss.

Thanks,