Re: [MiNT] SpareMiNT MiNTLib / MiNTBin Conflicts and Outdated PML / Fdlibm

On 6/1/10 12:56 PM, Keith Scroggins wrote:
Hi List,

So, I have been working on building 0.59.1 RPMs for SpareMiNT. I actually have an RPM set built....

So far, have run into 2 issues.

The first is that both the mintbin package, and the newer mintlib have ar.h. My resolution is just rebuild and remove from mintbin, and then fix the spec for mintlib to want the newer revision.

The other issue is that math.h is now removed. Both PML and Fdlibm, as packaged in SpareMiNT, do not contain their own math.h. My solution for this is to just rebuild the packages, PML with Vicent's patches adding Coldfire support, and take a look at the Fdlibm in CVS. Alan, have you done more Fdlibm work? I saw that at least a math.h is present in CVS.

This is an issue because on install of mintlib-devel, rpm will delete the math.h file as it was the previous package owner of it, and it is now not present.

Otherwise, the only changes made to MiNTLib (and I'll submit a patch) is enabling Coldfire libraries, upping the version, and rpm changelog. I'm thinking about fixing the spec to require the newer mintbin as well, but not sure yet.

Any thoughts?

Keith

We should do the math lib the same way as you are doing mintbin. Rebuild both math libs with a virtual provide of "math-library", then make mintlib Require math-library. This would force the user to install one or the other mathlib. Also make mintlib incompatible with older math libraries than these. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks,
Mark