Re: [MiNT] MiNTLib 0.59.1 for your testing pleasure....

Paul Wratt wrote:
It sounds like gcc-2 (or gcc2) would be ok in this system, and usable
when needed (is there a preference to naming convention)

I think the command "gcc" should be the latest gcc version available, and "gcc-2" the old compiler kept for lower machines.

We must not spend time on old and obsolete software, but making a new release of gcc 2.95 would be good to:
1) Rename it to gcc-2
2) Fix the preprocessor bug with negative constants
3) Remove the relocation kludge for C++ constructors and similar code
4) Use the current MiNTLib

Obviously it is not a priority for 2.95 to have Coldfire capabilities,
but should be added at some point, if for no other reason than that
there may be a situation where it is the only answer (for whatever
reason?)

gcc 2.95 has no support for ColdFire and will never have.

--
Vincent Rivière