Re: [MiNT] patch:MiNT:single-task

Alan Hourihane wrote:

> Helmut,
>
> It sounds like this is more useful in the DEBUG FreeMiNT kernel.

Why? I don't want to debug MiNT but my programs.

> I think I'd be happy wrapping this up with that as it seems that the
> Pure-Debugger is a pretty low level application and using that with a
> FreeMiNT kernel with DEBUG capabilities sounds like a match.
>
> How about wrapping your patch hunks with...
>
> #ifdef SINGLE_TASK
> #endif
>
> and then in KERNELDEFS you can add SINGLE_TASK as a new build option.
>
> You could commit your code as is then but it would be easy to disable if
> there are problems.

I personally wouldn't care about this. But then the users that do not
compile themselves would not be able to use it. It's not just
pure-debugger but also pure-pascal. And it's made sure that normal mode
is not affected.

What do other people think about this?

The #ifdef is a good idea though.

-Helmut