Re: [MiNT] Libcurl-ssl / RPM package

Am Montag, den 14.06.2010, 16:34 +0200 schrieb Vincent Rivière
<vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr>:

> If you compile a program with the default options (-m68000 implied), it
> will totally ignore the FPU.

That's really ...sad! :(

> If you compile a program with -m68020-60, it will use the FPU in any
> case. The program will fail and display an explicit error message if
> someone tries to run it on a system without an FPU.

That mean's when compiling for -m68020, the FPU is completly ignored, too.
Right?

> About SSL, I don't know if the FPU could speed up things.

I know that an FPU can speed up floating point operations dramatically,
and floating point math is involved alot in encryption / decryption - as
far as I know.

Anyone here has numbers regarding the speedup when using the FPU? I would
at least expect values like 100% speed inprovement ;)  But maybe I'm
totally wrong?

Greets,
Ole