Re: [MiNT] Conholio 0.7r

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010, Peter Slegg wrote:

Like I said, I generally avoid apps that need to use their own font
set-up. I do prefer things to integrate with the GEM environment.

I don't use Toswin2 very much, just for starting samba or doing
compilations. Speed isn't an issue. I actually dislike having to
use the pre-historic cli.

If you don't want to use the commandline, why on earth are you crying over font-support in Conholio?

For the rest of us, who want a fast terminal to work with, Conholio is a dream finally come true. It's fast, it has several instances in one window (alt+f1-f10), fullscreen mode on Falcon (and perhaps TT/ST?), and most importantly, it works without installing akward terminfo/termcap files on the remote computers you work on, as it has standardized terminal emulation instead of something homecooked like in TosWin.

If the font comes from GDOS or from a separate file included with the app is of minor importance. In fact the fonts come with Conholio from the start, and are all free to distribute (unlike many GDOS/SpeedoGDOS-fonts) could be considered a good thing.

Long live Conholio :)

--
Anders Eriksson
ae@dhs.nu     http://www.dhs.nu/