Re: [MiNT] 1.17 Release - Call for documentation updates !

On Sun, 08 Aug 2010 14:40:44 , "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:

> Am 08.08.2010, 14:09 Uhr, schrieb Jean-Luc CECCOLI
> <Jean-Luc.Ceccoli@wanadoo.fr>:
>
> >> .../...
>
> It can be really annoying, especially when you want to halt and it does a
> cold-boot instead.

No, I think we misunderstood each one another : "Halt the system" always
works correctly and shuts the system down.
The issue concerns Warm boot, which in fact actually is the same as Cold
boot, ie the system makes a full reboot instead of just restarting

> What was this:
>
> 11:18:12: pid 108 (thing): BUS ERROR: User PC=1534036, Address: FFFFFFFF
> (basepage=1704000, text=1704100, data=17041BC, bss=17041BC)
>
> ?

Sometimes, say 1/20, I get a crash when the destop is ready.
As I never noticed any misfunctionning, I never pay real attention. Just
notice it and go on.

> > This apart, the system shuts down verbosely but too fast for me to read
> > anything. Enclosed is the log from XaAES.
>
> What would be of interest is the kernel-output. Make a photo! ;-)

OK, I'll set the D700 on the tripod and take a photo.

> > .../...
>
> Look in the docs (see my previous post - it's launchpath now, launcher is
> deprecated since ages).

that's right, I didn't find Launcher in the doc, so I thought it just
wasn't documented for the moment. Now, I understand.

> > But this doesn't prevent anything from running.
> > Anything else I should test ?
>
> Everything you want :)

It might take ages before I find something, then...

Regards,

J.-Luc