Re: [MiNT] 1.17 Release - Call for documentation updates !

Am 08.08.2010, 14:09 Uhr, schrieb Jean-Luc CECCOLI <Jean-Luc.Ceccoli@wanadoo.fr>:

> fine. But what else should I test ?

Test the shutdown. There is still stuff I'd like to commit (see my last
post on the topic).

I let Taskbar shut the system down, so I don't know whether this is related to MiNT itself or to Taskbar, but there is no more difference between Cold
and Warm start : they both do a cold start.

What if you select halt? On my TT the original did a cold-boot most of the time.

I've made a 060-version with my current shutdown-solution:

http://mitglied.multimania.de/zabruder/files/system/mint060.zip

Tell me if it is better with this version. If yes, I'll commit the changes today!

I reported this long ago, and decided it wasn't worth bothering with such a
minor thing.

It can be really annoying, especially when you want to halt and it does a cold-boot instead.

What was this:

11:18:12: pid 108 (thing): BUS ERROR: User PC=1534036, Address: FFFFFFFF (basepage=1704000, text=1704100, data=17041BC, bss=17041BC)

?

This apart, the system shuts down verbosely but too fast for me to read
anything. Enclosed is the log from XaAES.

What would be of interest is the kernel-output. Make a photo! ;-)

And, oh! I just remember some complain about the LAUNCH variable being ignored, when starting up. I don't understand why, as there is the following line into the cnf file : launcher = u:\opt\toswin2\tw-call.prg and there actually is
the tw-call.prg file into the opt folder.

Look in the docs (see my previous post - it's launchpath now, launcher is deprecated since ages).

But this doesn't prevent anything from running.
Anything else I should test ?

Everything you want :)

--
Helmut Karlowski