Re: [MiNT] trunk-09082010 file structure / content

On 08/10/2010 06:25 AM, Paul Wratt wrote:
> Whatever the final release, the following line should be enable in MINT.CNF
> GEM=ROM
> to enable simple extraction and working boot with desktop. Would this
> will cause a crash on any systems?

Why not boot XaAES directly? There is no reason why this shouldn't work.
And my guess is that it works better than the ROM AES.

> A set of install scripts (or simplified prcoedure/prg) should be
> supplied to enable the correct MINT.PRG/XAAES.KM pair where (even if
> they require the user to choose which set to install)

Why? I think Alan's idea of separate tarballs for each target it a much
better idea.

> Result: self contained install

That is the goal of my installer.

> Someone's working easymint.cnf and afromint.cnf (and gtoomint.cnf) in
> the package would be useful too. This covers both GEM= & INIT= and

I don't think so. These configs are useless without EasyMiNT, AFROS etc,
and these distros already contains proper config files.

Jo Even