Re: [MiNT] 1.17 Release - Call for documentation updates !

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 7:06 AM, David Gálvez <dgalvez75@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/8/7 Paul Wratt <paul.wratt@gmail.com>:

>>> For this kernel release, shouldn't the system directory be 1-17 or
>>> 1-17-0?, i thought that "cur" was used for CVS test versions.
>>>
>> it will check a versions specific folder, if not found, it will look
>> for -cur (1-17-cur)
>>
> I don't think it will behave like this.
>
> I guess that after modifying  /buildinfo/version.h, the kernel will
> look for his system directory in /mint/1-17-0
> and if not found in /mint/, and if not found it will stop.
> "-cur" is for CVS alpha builds only.
>
> http://sparemint.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/freemint/sys/buildinfo/version.h?rev=1.14&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
>
> Which status will have this build beta or release?

I see what you mean, and I guess it depends on how Alan tags the point release.

BTW if -cur is not found, it looks in /mint before exiting

I would actually prefer if a non-cvs release would also check -cur as
well, as this affects config files in a positive way (ie no need to
change MINT.CNF and XAAES.CNF between versions), like 1.16.3 does
(maybe that is becuse it is a cvs build, not a release build)

Paul