Re: [MiNT] Samba client

On Sat, 4 Sep 2010 16:53:52 , Jean-Luc CECCOLI <Jean-Luc.Ceccoli@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Sep 2010 20:10:54 , Peter Slegg <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 01 Sep 2010 19:51:47 , Zoe Stephenson <zoe@daeghnao.com> wrote:
> > > Samba is usually set up to query names using .../...
> >
> > .../...
> > What is puzzling me is why I briefly had samba working over a dhcp set-up
> > and now it's not working.
> >
> Hello,
>
> In order to try to help, where could I find how to set up samba ?
> I downloaded all four packages and installed them, then typed the
> command 'man samba' and... got headache!
> The goal, if I'm not wrong, is to share a unit from the Atari so
> it can be accessed from the PC - so this means a server must be set
> up on the Atari - or vice-versa - so the Atari part needs only a
> client to be set -. Am I right ?
> OK, then, what should I do (to avoid headache and aspirin...;-) ) ?
>
> Regards,
>
> J.-Luc

Have a search of this list about 3-5 years ago I wrote down what
I did in a couple of posts. If I can find the articles I will post
them again.

The Atari is a Samba server allowing other boxes to open a shared
folder on the Atari. You can then drag and drop files onto the Atari
from the other box or read files from the Atari.

Peter