Re: [MiNT] Ctrl+Alt+Q deactivated

19 sep 2010 kl. 14.57 skrev Helmut Karlowski:

> But that's the way the story goes: The programmer has the power. And you cannot say I didn't react on user's wishes.

I couldn't agree more - the programmer has the power.

However.

As a user of the FreeMiNT kernel and XaAES, I'm concerned. A "my way or the highway" attitude could potentially have a very large impact on the OS I use everyday to develop new Atari apps - i.e. my main hobby besides beer. And with that perspective, I think I have a right to be concerned.

You happen to very active right now, and that's awesome and appreciated. However, an attitude like "too late, it's already in CVS" is like begging for trouble. Discussing things is a way to make sure that *your* ideas turn out really good. Still *your* ideas, but well founded within the last few survivors of the active developer community. Unfortunately this seems to be the attitude in general on this list, and I'm not over excited about it. Ask questions and get arrogant answers, unfounded lectures or whatever. Some of us may not take active part in the kernel and AES development, but that does not make us morons.

-- PeP