Re: [MiNT] Generic tool

> > Well  I see a few potential uses. Some examples.
> >
> > 1. I download a bzip  file and I want to look at the files or etxract it.
> > If I seldom use bzip  I can't remember the command options so I start the
> > tool, select bzip  and pick my options and apply/run it.
> >

> > 2. I want to  start/stop/restart a service like dhcp or smb and instead of
> > having to  open bash and find the relevant file to execute I run the tool
>pick
> > the  service and the action I want.
> >
> > 3. A more complicated use would  be to configure things like dhcp, samba
etc.

> >  Peter
>
> PS
>
> It provides a quick way to create utils and system  management tools
> with very little knowledge  needed.
>
> Peter

Mostly solved by simple scripts.
If you really start/stop dhcp samba etc etc very often then just create aliases
for them, way simpler.
DHCP don't need configurations and Samba is configured via a conf file.
May be Atari's version is different, I don't use Samba on Atari... sorry if I am
wrong on this one.