Re: [MiNT] Generic tool

Am Do, 2.12.2010, 21:26 schrieb m0n0:

>> I have a created a crude demo, it doesn't actually do anything
>> yet. It just loads an xml file and creates a dialogue with
>> some aes objects on it.
>
>and it should be able to configure the
> config files within /etc ;)

If you add some generic header to the xml file, you could specify how to
start the process (VA_START / PExec, ...). And you could put there
information if the "xml plugin" launches an commandline tool or if it
configures an config file within /etc ...

Are you going to read all the xml files from one specific directory? That
way you could present the user with an select dialog where he selects
which "plugin" he wants to run :) I'm thinking about an 3 column layout:

first column: the list of xml files
second column: the list of sections for the current selected xml file
third column: the options dialog for the current selected section

--
Greets,