Re: [MiNT] Where should a user put GEM apps

I have all my main apps on one drive with a well sorted folder
structure that allows me to have several versions of an app
while the Thing and Multistrip shortcuts never have to change.

eg.

D:\IMAGES\MOVIE\

ANIPLAY\
ANIPLAY.220\
ANIPLAY.221\
ANIPLAYC.221\
FUNMEDIA.044\
FWP.146\
MOUNTAIN\
MPLAYER\
M_PLAYER.29A\
M_PLAYER.321\

Thing knows that music and video files should be opened with Aniplayer
and uses the latest version I have in the ANIPLAY folder. When I install
a newer version I rename the old folder to .222 and just drop the new ANIPLAY
folder into place.

These aren't Mint apps but you can see how it works and how it might be tricky
to do this with all the apps in one folder.

Did someone say the Mountain or Funmedia is now open source ?

Regards,

Peter