Re: [MiNT] Where should a user put GEM apps

=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Thomas_J=FCrges?= wrote:

> > app from the console, in its case just by typeing the file name to be
> > viewed
> >
> > This makes it useful for scripting purposes..
>
> Certainly.  That would be a matter of setting up the proper PATH to
> include the location of the application, or?  Makes it even more

What do you think how windows knows which app to use?

It's in the registry.

> compelling to me to have executables in one or two places so that PATH
> does not get bloated and the system has not to search through too many
> elements in it in order to execute an application.

That's still no argument to use /usr/bin for all.

And as I said before, they won't even run form /usr/bin without further hassle.

BTW: Today I discovered you can type the .lnk in the Desktop-dir to run
any app from console that has an icon on the desktop. Similar to what XaAES does with launchpath!

-Helmut