Re: [MiNT] XaAES multi-language help needed

Jo Even Skarstein napsal(a):
On Sun, 2011-01-16 at 02:01 +0100, Bohdan Milar wrote:

I started to work on the Czech translation. For now I am sending
the xa_help.cz file. It is done in ISO-8859-2 coding, which is the
same as used by get-text localized (.po files) GNU tools in
SpareMiNT.

Doesn't the Atari charset have all the necessary characters? If so,
how is this solved in TOS?

Unfortunately doesn't, font in TOS ROM has hebrew characters instead international characters or parts of frames how we know it from PC. Here in Czech we have several solutions: from TSR programs which load cz font, later replaced by GDOS fonts. Or even special TOS versions with translated texts and replaced character sets.

Jan