Re: [MiNT] Mintlib based Software running under plain TOS

Am Montag, den 10.01.2011, 10:46 +0100 schrieb Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk>:

There's lots of stuff which can break. There's no easy way to tell
because there lots of code in MiNTlib which can't be emulated with TOS
functionality. I think it's a case of get GDB out and find out where
it's crashing. How is the OS portability layer dealt with in NetSurf as I can see it runs on RiscOS too, so it's worth checking what calls are
made there first, but only after finding out where it's currently
crashing.

GDB doesn't work with my plain falcon,... I'm not even sure if it would run under plain tos... and even when it does - which console to use?
I would use the one that is delivered with MagiC...

GDB doesn't work for my plain falcon under freemint - because loading netsurf within GDB results in exhausted memory :( Maybe it would help to strip most symbols - just keep some symbols... like main or foobar...

Greets,