Re: [MiNT] mintv4e.prg not starting on FireBee

m0n0 wrote:
Am Donnerstag, den 21.07.2011, 00:34 +0200 schrieb Vincent Rivière
<vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr>:

- As boot resolution (to be set with fireconf.cpx), I use 640x480 2
colors, so MiNT startup is very fast. Then the desktop switches to a
decent resolution.

My screen doesn't support such an exotic color depth. So anyone should
test if it is ok before writing to NVRAM ;)

640x480 is probably the most common resolution of all time.
The color depth does not matter for monitors.

Are you using an LCD?

Yes.

I have no trouble except that my monitor is slow to restore from powersave mode and I usually don't have the time to see the FireTOS logo and boot menu.

Also, currently the FireBee has trouble with the polarity settings required by some resolutions on some monitors (including mine), so the picture is distorted and the colors are bad (but no crash or hang). Currently, those resolutions just have to be avoided. This problem will be fixed in future FPGA updates.

--
Vincent Rivière