Re: [MiNT] Atari.org down?

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011, Bernd Mueller wrote:

maybe not, because I cant get to toshyp.atari.org either, so it is
probably the server where their nameserver (DNS) is hosted..
so *.atari.org and dhs.nu are not reachable since they share the same
nameserver

Hello,

no the Atari.Org server (which is hosting dhs.nu as well) was unavailable for a couple of days due to a mistake of the ISP. They accidently pulled one of our patch cables from a switch when installing another server.

It took us a couple of days to analyze the error as our guy living close to the hosting centre is away on DebConf11 in Bosnia. The iLO of the machine was accessible but not the NICs for the Hypervisor. We draw the conclusion that it was either our NIC that's gone bad or some equipment of the ISP. Luckily it turned out to be the latter.

It's the sort of thing that can happen with the cheap-ass hosting we can afford.

--
Anders Eriksson
ae@dhs.nu     http://www.dhs.nu/